Thursday, November 22, 2007

Twenty two

I had thought of making a list of all the great foods I ate at my TWO wonderful Thanksgiving dinners, but then I thought I'd make a list of all the things I am thankful for instead (it does include several of the foods I ate at my TWO wonderful Thanksgiving dinners)

1. For Mark, who knows just when to change the subject to keep me in line
2. For Mason, who smiled his "no teeth/braces showing smile" for picture after picture because I promised to pay him for them
3. For Kyla, who said "I love you because you are weird, Mommy."
4. For Pepper, who is sitting on my lap right now keeping me toasty warm on a cold night
5. For my Mom who always makes all of the dinner and won't let anyone bring anything and always does all the dished even when you try to help
6. For my Dad who tasted my cranberry sauce (which I brought without telling my Mom) even though it had "sticks" in it (They were cinnamon sticks and whole cloves)
7. For my sweet sister who walked with me this morning to counteract the TWO dinners and bought me Mike's Hard Lemonades to drink
8. For Alyssa who lets me call her string bean and makes me laugh
9. For Alivia who is just beginning to read and sat on my lap and read "Pickle Things" to me
10. For Madi who jumped up and hugged me as soon as I arrived and said, "Happy Thanksgiving, Auntie!"
11. For Ann who handled cooking and serving dinner to over 20 people with grace and thoughtfulness
12. For all of Mark's family... His Mom, Ann, Dennis, D3, Karen, Blair, Jessica, Saeng, John, Liz, Charles, Nick, Cheryl, Josh and Hannah for making the effort and come together for a family holiday.
13. For the best ravioli I've eaten maybe ever
14. For getting to hold a baby even if he was tired and overwhelmed
15. For Lemon Merengue pie... when Kyla ate it she said "What's in merengue?" and we told her and she said, "No wonder it's gross!"
16. For my sister remembering about 8 years ago when I called Kyla "Lollipop" and Alyssa said, "Just call me sucker!" because she wanted a cute nickname too
17. For my mom's yummy stuffing
18. For candlelight
19. For conversation with 5 and 6 year olds... I am starting to miss my class
20. For sunshine all day and moonlight all night

Happy Thanksgiving! Love, Nancy

No comments: