Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Fourteen

Even though I have exercised for 5 days in a row, I feel incredibly fat! It may have something to do with the tasty mini weiners in their exquisite little homemade buns that Cindyanna made for goody day today.... they even had this delish homemade honey mustard! or maybe those cute pecan tarts that I ate 2 of! What a great cook she is!

Despite the fatness, I went shopping after work for a new outfit to wear on my trip this weekend and maybe something for Thanksgiving. I got some jeans that I really like and 3 new shirts and a quilted jacket. I like everything I got but was disappointed in the color selection available. This season's color palette seems somewhat limited. Everything I got was black, brown or red. Would have liked something with a little more va-va-voom!

I was just thinking I need to get off here and make a couple of phone calls, but then I saw the time. I never call anyone after 9:00 p.m. If you're reading this Joanna, I promise to call you tomorrow!

Since I have more time, I guess I can tell you about the book I finished reading while I was walking on the treadmill tonight. It's called "Vanishing Acts" by Jodi Piccoult. I really like her writing style and was pulled into this story. It's about a 32 year old woman who finds out her father (whom she adores) kidnapped her at the age of 4 from her alcoholic mother. It is told from 4 different character's viewpoint. The parts told from her father's point of view as he is in jail, and the things that go on there were especially disturbing for me, so tonight I am going to pray for all of those men and women who live under those conditions. Those who have hardened their hearts out of necessity. Those who feel they have no place in the society outside of jail. Those who are driven to commit desperate acts. Those who wield a vengeful power over others. Those who are isolated. Each of these people is of value... even if they have forgotten (or never even knew it).

1 comment:

Cindy Anna said...

You are so not fat! No wobbly bits even! I do have to agree with the color palette thing...winter always seems to bring out the blah in clothing. Just because it's cold as the arctic, doesn't mean that fashion has to suffer. :)