Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Twenty One


Here's an old photo of me (with the wing hair, buck teeth and tucked in sweater vest) and my always cuter sister in her tan corduroys with the embroidered jean pockets. The cat in the bottom left is Sadie. He was my personal favorite cat for most of my childhood. He had long. soft fur and stripes in all the right places. I named him Sadie because 1) I thought he was a girl, and 2) He had "sad" eyes. I actually considered naming him Saddie, but was talked out of it by my mom. I was obviously a very concrete minded child as my first cat (before Sadie) was named Blackie. Can you guess what color he was?

Well, I am really looking forward to tomorrow as we are spending the morning at my parents house with my sister and her family. Then, the evening at Mark's sisters'. This will be the first year that all of Mark's siblings have had a holiday together since 2000. I am going to be in my official photographer mode, so hopefully I won't imbibe too much! I did buy a bottle of Mum's tonight... am in the mood for some yummy champagne. I guess we'll see!

Cheers! Nancy







1 comment:

Cindy Anna said...

I love the way the cat is looking at you both! It's a great profile of Sadie....and you gotta love your hair too! :)