Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Pouring down

The rain started drizzling at about 3:00 today, and now it is simply pouring down. All internet access and cell phone service was out in our WHOLE county today due to some weather issue (I am guessing high winds, but who knows).

Was supposed to do 6 miles on the treadmill today, but instead I read my book, then made dinner, then cuddled up on the couch and watched "Blood Diamond". It is a good story and made my heart ache for the suffering and terror and loss of hope that so many people in Africa face each day. It makes me feel so helpless. I mean, how in the world could I ever verify that these beautiful diamond earrings Mark got me for my birthday were not pulled from the earth in a war zone. After fussing around in the kitchen for a while, I decided the only thing I can do is to pray. So, I am off to snuggle up in bed and have a talk with my God and hope that as I listen to the rain pouring down, I will also feel his love pouring down and showing me my path here on earth.

Early goodnight to all.

Love, Nancy

No comments: