Friday, October 26, 2007

I *heart* my job


This is a picture of my October bulletin board. It is a floor to ceiling bulletin board, and I have sacraficed an important wall to create this space. Last year I had a smaller board up high, and it just wasn't right, so this year I rearranged my room to free up this wall. Some of the art shown here is:
1. Fingerpainted leaves with the student's names on them
2. Fingerpainted pumpkins (made by mixing red and yellow paint)
3. crows with googly eyes I designed from an old tole painted crow I have
4. A large scarecrow made by me... modeled after "The Little Scarcrow Boy" (sometimes I add sentence strips with the words "I see a yellow hat." "I see blue overalls." etc, but this year I didn't have room.
5. Sunflowers with real seed centers (because the pumpkin patch we take a field trip to has sunflowers planted in it)
6. An interactive chart with the life cycle of the pumpkin on it where the students have written some of the words
On the far right you can see the edge of my barn. This year I had Mark remove the whitboard (Thanks, honey!) from the middle of the barn, and I put all my calendar stuff in there. Overall, I am really loving my room arrangement this year.
I am also feeling like I have a better handle on teaching all day K. I have changed my schedule so that it fits me and my style, and things are going great.
My students this year are really hard working and efficient and learning things soooo quickly!
In the next couple of weeks, we are going to be welcoming some fish into our room and studying them for science.
I am having a blast.
TGIF, everyone!
Love, Nancy

1 comment:

Cindy Anna said...

Too cute!!!