Thursday, October 18, 2007

High Hopes...

Today I was snappy and cranky with my class. I felt dizzy and headach-y and tired... like a fog was floating through my brain. And my patience just wasn't there.

I guess I am coming down with the sickness everyone else has had, and I thought I would avoid. Ha! Silly me!

But in spite of all this, I have high hopes. I spent about an hour after school planning next week, and I am so excited about all the engaging and fun activities there are to do. My big problem is fitting them all in! It is very hard for me not to fill up every moment of the day. It seems that every week after I plan, I remember something I NEED to do then have to erase and rearrange and simplify.

Also, I am working really hard on giving lots of opportunities for children to respond and interact with each other and me. I am trying to think about the purpose and goal for each activity and make it meaningful (and not just do it because I always have or it's cute). I am trying to make sure I think about what they need and break down the process of getting them there with activities that help them to learn while playing and laughing and feeling successful.

So, even though it's only 6:37, I am making cocoa and getting my lesson plan book, and climbing into bed to rest.

Because tomorrow I don't want to come home feeling like I was cranky again.

Love, Nancy

No comments: