Monday, October 29, 2007

It's Monday!

Hooray!

OK, so that wasn't really my first reaction to "It's Monday!"

My first reaction is almost always, ICK! I hate getting up to the alarm and I feel blah and out of the routine....

But I am trying to look at Monday as a blessing... Hooray! A whole new week is here in front of me... full of possibilities and the promise of learning and wonder and love.

And so far it feels pretty good.

But, to backtrack... I had a busy weekend. On Friday I drove to Ferndale and back 3 times (for work, the carnival, and M's homecoming rally). On Saturday I drove to Ferndale and back 3 times (for the football game, to take M to the dance at 9:00pm, and to pick him up at midnight). On Sunday Cheryl and I walked 8 miles. It felt really far.... almost worse than the 13 last weekend. I brought Pepper and he got tired and we had to carry his fat little self about the last mile.

Even throughout this busy-ness I felt pretty good. I actually scrapbooked 6 pages! That's huge for me.... I haven't done that many pages in months. It felt really good to write and pick papers from my big stack and glue stuff and look at my old pages. It felt really good to create.

The Halloween anticipation is getting pretty serious in my little world of Kindergarten. Today we predicted whether or not we would weigh more than, less than or equal to a BIG pumpkin I bought over the weekend. Almost everyone thought they would weigh less than the pumpkin even though they could pick it up. Then we took turns standing on a board with a fulcrum in the middle and the pumpkin on the other end to see what happened. There was actually one little girl who weighed less than the pumpkin. Tomorrow when our 8th grade buddies come, we'll be doing some geometry estimation with candy corn. I can't wait!

See, it will be a week full of learning and wonder and love!

Hugs and Halloween candy for all! Nancy

1 comment:

Cindy Anna said...

I think your the peppy one today! Your scrapbook of school photos was very awesome! I tried to do a scrapbook once, I didn't turn out so well. My creativity kinda just blanks out when it comes to that.