Monday, January 26, 2009

Words of Wisdom

My dear friend Karen emailed this to me and it struck a chord in my heart.

Concentrate on this Sentence

'To get something you never had, you have to do something you never did.'
When God takes something from your grasp, He's not punishing you, but merely opening your hands to receive something better.

Concentrate on this sentence... 'The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.'

Things I've never had:
a healthy body image (when I weighed 100 lb I was bony... now I am chubby with a muffin top)
a strong sense of self esteem (although, it has slowly gotten better over the years)
the ability to talk comfortably to strangers (I avoid manicures, pedicures, even haircuts because I dread that small talk you have to make... until I get to know the stylist, then I'm OK)
the confidence to run (like exercise run) in public (I think I breathe too hard, and I turn really red)

So, I am making time to listen to God... to hear his plan for me.... if I acquire any of the above things I long for, then I will know my life is doubly blessed. Just like I said at the beginning of 2009... I am lucky.

No comments: