Friday, January 23, 2009

Blessed Friday


I just love Fridays. Friday is the saviour of my week. Around Thursday night, I start to feel a releasing of tension... an easing of stress, and I know it's the promise of Friday.... just waiting out there for me.
Then, when Friday actually gets here I feel so free... at reading group today, the kinders wrote about their dreams for the world (aka MLK Jr.) and that took only a few minutes, so we wrote and drew on dry erase boards and played games with sight words and letters. At phonics time we had a "snowball fight" with sight words. They wrote a word on a piece of paper, then balled it up. When I yelled "go" we threw the "snowballs" at each other across the block shelf. Then when I yelled "stop" we grabbed a "snowball" and opened it and read it to 3 people.
Later, at home, the promise of the weekend just beckons to me. How many choices to make... will I scrapbook? get a little tipsy on Mike's Hard Lemonade? go out? call a friend I haven't kept up with? Maybe. I will for sure get caught up on laundry, clean my parts of the house, do the shopping, make some real meals we will eat at the table together, and work out everyday. These "for sures" make me feel productive. Content. I will also FOR SURE wear those hideous baggy unflattering sweats you see above and my new comfy (fake) fur lined slippers. I will sleep in. I will watch "Friday Night Lights".
Friday is my time to re-energize. Thank you, God, for blessing me with Fridays.

1 comment:

Cindy Anna said...

I love the new look of your blog!!! I love Fridays too, but the oddball in me loves Thursdays more...not sure why, but I'm always the happiest on Thursdays. So, have you accidentally worn those slippers to work yet?