Thursday, February 05, 2009

I can hear them laughing...


together.
Just 15 short years ago this picture was taken. And this amazing life... so vibrant and forceful and FULL became a part of our days. She was our sweet little girl and we adored her. She certainly wasn't what we expected. She's a naturally gifted athlete who hates sports. She struggles a bit in school but works hard and is pretty successful. She is passionate about things. She shares her passion in ways that will sometimes break your eardrums. And, unfortunately, she and her Daddy have had a really hard time getting along lately. But tonight, they are sitting on the couches in the living room watching a movie together JUST THE TWO OF THEM. I can hear them laughing together. I hear little comments verging on pleasant conversation. My heart is so full of gratitude for this that it is about to burst. I would love more than anything to have a picture of this moment. But I can't risk breaking the spell. I just can't. It is too precious.

No comments: