Friday, May 01, 2009

Field Trip


It seems every year our dairy field trip suffers from bad weather. Last year it was overcast and windy and ICY cold. This year the forcast said rain all day. So, as soon as I was out of the car this morning, the director of transportation was yelling at me across the yard. He wanted to know if our trip was postponed or not. After much indecision and internet checking (and a little prayer), I breathed in and said "OK, we'll go" I think I even shocked myself.
So at 10:00 we headed out to the bus and over to the dairy. It was a great trip... with sweet baby calves that looked just like this one. And a song filled hayride. And ice cream. And no rain. What more could a teacher ask for? And I didn't take a single picture. Not one. I carried my camera around in my bag and never took it out to see the light of day. Or the joyfilled eyes of my students. What is up with that?

2 comments:

Cindy Anna said...

I wished I had seen the baby cows. I love baby cows. It reminds me of mine, Emily.....but she is in cow heaven now.

diane said...

I was worrying about the weather all day, too. Glad it all worked out.

Diane