Wednesday, May 06, 2009

My head is spinning

There is just too much going on. I can't seem to settle my mind. Busy, busy at work... lots of uncertainty with people's jobs (thankfully not mine)... weird weather... wild spring fevered children.... irritable teachers who are stressed out about giving the STAR test. Then, there's home. The barking dog. The endless tidying and laundry and meal preparation and counter wiping. My darling husband and son are bickering then chuckling together... I can never predict what's going to happen next. And, then there's the GIRL. I don't even know where to start except to say that I really don't know if I'll survive the next 4 years.
On a better note, I finally started reading A Circle of Quiet by Madeleine L'Engle. It is really so full of wonder and joy. I can only read a little bit... just a few pages, then I have to put it down and digest all the goodness. It's one of those books so full of wisdom, I know I'll have to re read it many times to get it all. Through it all I am praying for guidance and balance. And wasting a lot of time on the computer.

No comments: