Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Things I love about my class right now....

1. They know all about the routines and how to solve problems. A key word or phrase from me (or even a look) will get them refocused or back to work.
2. Whenever we are reading a story or discussing something, they are totally into it. They always have something to say.
3. I can almost see the neurons in their brains firing as they begin to unravel the ultra-complicated process of reading.
4. They know the difference between "Does anyone have a question?" and "Tell me a story about your dog who died."
5. They can actually draw things that look similar to the original.
6. They are comfortable enough to laugh and joke around.
7. We all missed each other last week when we were on vacation for President's Week.
8. Writing is one of their favorite activities, and they even choose to do it during "exploration time."
9. They are excited and love to learn.

1 comment:

Cindy Anna said...

In regard to #5:
The symbols they made were so awesome!....especially the Lincoln Monument and Statue of Liberty....your kids are so talented! Plus, I like to escape from my world into the Kindergarten one....it helps me recheck myself. :)