Sunday, February 03, 2008

Gotta love those NY football Giants!


Now, I am not really a football fan, I am actually more of a football widow if you want to be precise, but every year I try to watch the Super bowl and be INTO it. It's really no fun if you aren't INTO it! :)

So I bought some yummy dip stuff and a 12 pack of Mike's Hard Lemonade, and decided today I would be a Giants fan. I don't really care about the Giants, but I have a tender heart and always have to root for the underdog, so there you have it!

I missed the 1st quarter because I was in the kitchen making dip, but at the beginning of the 2nd quarter I was all prepared to pack up and go watch some girly TV in the bedroom if the Patriots scored effortlessly (again). It might have even been easier that way. But fate kept me in the living room with my boys for the whole game, and I was really proud of that little Ely Manning when he broke numerous tackles and rescued his team from sure defeat on a crucial 3rd down play.

It was a good day... The smug Patriots perfect season was ruined... a 5th seed wild card team won the Superbowl... I ate a variety of yummy snacks with 4 lemonades to wash them down... and Jane Austen is on PBS masterpiece at 9:00.

See ya! (hopefully soon)

Love, Nancy

1 comment:

Cindy Anna said...

Four lemonades!!!...On a school night too! I'm shocked! :)