Monday, December 17, 2007

My Granny

Yesterday we went to Hayfork to my Granny's Christmas party. Every year she invites all of her kids, grandkids, greatgrandkids and nieces and nephews, etc, etc, to a big potluck party at the fairgrounds. It's really great to get to see everyone... and Santa even shows up! I had a really good time meeting my cousin Jenny's new man and chatting with her. Also, Granny told me a great story about when she was a girl:

When she was in 8th grade in a one room school house, her only academic resposibility was to pass her constitution test. So every day she sat at the little low table with the 1st and 2nd graders and taught them. She loved it so much she thought she would one day become a teacher. So I guess that's where I get my love of teaching from! She would've been a fabulous teacher, too, because she is one of the most giving and sweet tempered people I have ever had the priviledge of knowing.

So, here's my challenge to you... take a little time and chat with someone you love. Find out something about their childhood.... record some memories....... I promise, you won't regret it!

Love, Nancy

1 comment:

Lady Strathconn said...

My mother-in-law and I have been working over the last 6 weeks to make a scrapbook for her mom's 99th birthday (actually for her 100th year). We've been asking her all sorts of questions. It makes me very sad that all my grandparents are gone.