Tuesday, September 11, 2007

September 11

I used to remember September 11 by having my class plant red, white and blue flowers and make small paper pieced flags to go in the cups. But now that it has been 6 years since that fateful day, my Kindergarteners were not even alive when it happened. So I feel it is too difficult a subject to bring up.

Today as I was surfing around, I found this video.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLEZgFf_xNY

It's a beautiful tribute which brought tears to my eyes. As always, when I see photos of people going away to war, I feel overwhelmed trying to imagine how difficult it would be to be the one trying to tell my beloved Mark, or my dear Mason, or even my darling Kyla how much I loved them with one final, tearful hug. But on September 11, 2001 we were reminded that the goodbye we say to our loved ones before we go off for work or school could be our last. So today, and everyday, remember to say what you feel.

And for all the soldiers around the world. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for the service you give to each of us.

No comments: