Friday, May 25, 2007

Late last night....


we found out that the sale of our house was not going to go through.


It's a LOOOOOOONG drawn out story, so I will try to make it as readable as possible.


First, we had agreed to sell our house at $10,000 below our "target" (this was actually $39,000 below our listed price) because we knew it may need a little work and we were eager to have things there wrapped up before our deadline rolled around here on August 1.


While some inspector was doing his thing he noticed that there was some water under the fireplace in the lowest part of the house. Upon closer inspection he saw a small crack in the mortar of the (gorgeous) real rock fireplace. Mark (showing his eternal generosity and integrity... which is one of the reasons why I love him, although I forget and yell at him due to fear of poverty [see post below]) offered to lower the price another $5,000 to make this repair even though we had already agreed on an AS IS price.


The potential buyers replied back that they wanted to lower the price another $29,000. Needless to say, we are trying to terminate the deal, so hopefully our house will be back on the market tomorrow.

We are in great need of prayers, good karma, and some new buyers!!

In spite of this, I feel very hopeful about our situation. I am trusting that there is a plan for us.

Also, I am sooooooo looking forward to a wonderful, restful 3 day weekend

So, do you have any fun plans?

Hugs & kisses! Nancy

1 comment:

Lori said...

I am so sorry to hear about the difficulties you are having selling your house. I can't believe it is taking this long. It has such street appeal! The picture on your blog site makes it look like the cutest little Hansel & Gretel cottage. I would be interested in buying it if I was in the market. Maybe it has sold since you last posted this.