Sunday, January 28, 2007

Sunday musings




It was a nice weekend despite the fact that I have a slight cold. Four K students out of Friday... 3 sick with this germ..... I am lucky to have such a strong immune system. Just a little sore throat is it.

I had the great pleasure of babysitting my 2 little nieces last night. They even slept over. They were really into helping in the kitchen and being right with me all the time. It's such a sweet age when they depend on you so much and look to you for company and solace and entertainment. My own aged children do most things for themselves these days which is exactly what my goal was... to help them to be independent and capable. But sometimes I miss the old days! So it's nice to have little ones around to spend time with on occasion.

I didn't ever post anything about Mason's birthday. I am certainly remiss. I love that boy with my whole heart. He is so funny, so witty, so smart, so stubborn, so awkward (at times), so tall, so unmotivated, so sweet, so, well, SO TEENAGED!

He didn't want a birthday party. We went our for dinner on his day with Mark's mom. It was her birthday as well. It was nice and uneventful. Later that week, Mark went out and bought Mason a free weight set for his room. He lifts every other day and runs on the days he doesn't lift. He is sooooo dedicated to getting in shape for next year's football season it amazes me! Can't remember if he has homework from day to day, but is preparing for tryouts in August. I am glad he has passion for something! Algebra and Spanish are certainly not it!

And only one more year until he is on the road behind the wheel of a motor vehicle..... all I have to say about that is....... BRACE YOURSELVES, PEOPLE, DANGER IS IMMINENT!

No comments: