Sunday, January 14, 2007

The life of a Kindergarten teacher......

Well, this weekend was the 25th anniversary of the CA Kindergarten Conference. I am sooooo grateful that 25 years ago some very commited women organized and started this conference, because collaboration is so crucial in my field of work. There is no world like that of Kindergarten. It's challenges and it's rewards are intrinsically different than those found in other grade levels. I did not have as many "AHHHH HAAAAA" moments this year as I have in the past, but I think I have a better understanding of what ideas will work for me and the students I serve. I won't have as many frustrations as I used to when I tried out virtually every new idea that was thrown my way!

One observation I made about Kindergarten teachers was that there are significantly fewer who wear "cutesy" clothes..... I am afraid the custom jumper lady in the sales area had very little business!! I also see less weird jewelry. In my opinion, there is nothing tackier than a necklace made from variety of fabrics braided with large, shiny clay animals glued onto it!

Thank God for the end of this trend!! I did, however, see 3 ladies with matching mitten sweaters walking around together, and I desperately hoped they were presenting a workshop then changing into appropriate clothing!

Overall I had a great time. I enjoyed the company of my new teaching partner and enjoyed catching up with past comrades. Like I said, collaboration is KEY!

BTW, I was very excited to see someone had left a comment on my blog. When I looked at it I was shocked to see it was a "stranger" correcting me for my stupidity!! I hope I did not offend him too badly.... that was certainly not my intention. But hey, if it gets people to leave comments, I might start making unworldly blanket comments on any number of topics!! Any suggestions?

1 comment:

star said...

hey Nancy, sounds like the move was great for you and your family.