Thursday, January 11, 2007

So what's up?

If anyone out there is wondering what all this talk of "fullness" is, let me clear it up. I lurk about on many a scrapbooking icon's blog, and one of my favorites is Ali Edwards. She actually even has an e zine that I subscribe to. In her e zine she challenged each person to pick a word for the year to focus on, contemplate, etc. I kicked around a variety of words then settled with "fullness" .

This word came to me primarily from listening to Todd Agnew's song "Fullness Found". I really love this song and actually listened to it again and again as I drove to my interview for the job I currently have.

Any way, today Ali Edwards sent out another challenge... to research our word in quotes, etc. I found this one that I really like:

The reality of truth is not to be bought, to be sold, to be repeated; it cannot be caught in books. It has to be found from moment to moment, in the smile, in the tear, under the dead leaf, in the vagrant thought, in the fullness of love.

J. Krishnamurti

I am assuming this J. Krishnamurti has something to do with Hari Krishnas, but I don't care. I like the quote!

1 comment:

sandhiji said...

krishnamurti had nothing to do with ishkon - the hari krishna people. many indian names have the word krishna in them. krishnamurti was his name. he was not religious and did not affiliate to any church. he was probably the greatest thinker of the twentieth century.