Saturday, October 09, 2010

Weekend

I want to document my life more. I want to reflect and remember. But right now I am still in survival mode. I am struggling to make my curriculum the best it can be. I am getting to know the 25 souls I spend my days with... their quirks, their fears, their likes and dislikes, their strengths, their wit. At 9 and 10 they are harder nuts to crack than the 5 year olds. They are less likely to share, more reticent. More private. But they want to be known. They love answering the "Question of the day" each day. They try really hard to make each other laugh. They blush when they speak out in front of everyone. But their eyes sparkle and they grin. They make me grin.
I finally received the money that unemployment owed me from August. And I got to spend all of it on whatever my heart desired. So today I bought a 50 mm fixed aperture lens to go with my new camera. And, and ipod. I was the last member of the family around here without one, and I really wanted my own. Mostly for my classroom. I want to put fun music on it so when someone says something really brilliant I can puch a button and James Brown will yell out, "I feel good! nanananananana! You knew that I would now! nananananana!" It will be great! So now I'm off to upload my music. Yay!

1 comment:

Cindy Anna said...

Yippee for the check!!! It's about time! What color ipod did you get?