Monday, September 27, 2010

Fearless


This weekend I went with my sweet friend, Danette to her church's annual women's retreat. The food was delicious. The company was great. I met some lovely, funny, kind and supportive ladies. I got to reconnect with a couple of people I hadn't seen in a long time. I got to spend time with Danette, who is always so kind and encouraging. And the program was just exactly what I needed. It was all about knowing and believing that we are each created specifically by God with a purpose. That He loves me just as I am. That He gave me special gifts to make a difference in this world. That I do not need to fear any of the trials of this life because He will always be there.
This doesn't mean that things will always be wonderful. It is not a recipe for happiness. But it does give me hope. And with hope I can keep on living this messy life of mine. Doing my best each day to be the best me I can be. And not beat myself up too badly when I fall short.

1 comment:

Cindy Anna said...

I'm happy to hear you had a wonderful time. Thank you again for taking care of our place! You rock!