Sunday, October 17, 2010

Savory Sundays

Tomorrow we are having a potluck at work, and I signed up for dessert. So I thought I'd better make double cobblers... one for home, one for school.

I use lots of different types of fruit for this. My favorite is blackberry. I pick the berries out at my parent's house. It's also great with peaches, apples, apples and pears, or like this:

Apple Berry Cobbler


Peel and slice the apples. Sprinkle some sugar and lemon juice on them. Throw some berries in too.

For the topping: Put 1 cup oatmeal, 1 cup brown sugar, 1/2 cup flour, 1 teaspoon cinnamon in a bowl and mix up. Sprinkle over fruit. Melt a cube of butter in the microwave. Pour the butter over the top.

Bake in a 350 degree oven for as long as it takes the fruit to cook through. Apples-45 minutes or so, Berries or peaches- 30 minutes or so.

Serve with whipped cream or ice cream.

1 comment:

Cindy Anna said...

Looks so yummy and beautiful in your new F&L bowel!!!