Thursday, July 29, 2010

Thankful Thursdays

So I decided to start a new routine of posting things I am thankful for once a week... and what better day for that than Thursdays. (I had to go for the alliteration.) So here are some things from this week:

1. I am thankful for the opportunity to interview for a job and the hope of teaching in my own classroom for the 2010-2011 school year.

2. I am thankful for this puppy who loves me unconditionally and cuddles with me and seeks me out and always wags his tail and looks adoringly at me.


3. I am thankful that the girl wanted money and did all the vacuuming and dusting and bathroom cleaning this week so I didn't have to.

4. I am thankful that the boy now has a job and even though he comes home really tired and sore from all the work seems more focused and happy than before.

5. I am thankful that I have a husband who takes such good care of me and our children. This week he was commited to finding a reasonable car for the boy to buy, and he spent many hours on the internet looking and bidding until yesterday he finally succeeded. (More to come on that later...)

6. I am thankful for my new camera... which I haven't been using as much as I thought I would, but I love nonetheless.

7. I am thankful for our county library where I get numerous books at absolutely no cost. I had to stop reading Vanity Fair on page 452 (about half way) to read Eat, Pray, Love which I only had 6 days to read since there is a long list of people waiting for it after me.

8. I am thankful that I finally took the time to put some family snapshots in this photo holder that has been present in 4 different living rooms in 4 different houses in the last 6 years... just empty. Now it has a few pictures in it. Hopefully more to come soon.

No comments: