Saturday, July 10, 2010

Available


I am always available for babysitting. Last night I got to hang out with this handsome 3 year old. Check out those muscles!! We read lots of books. He is becoming one of those boys who LOVES nonfiction. He had this dinosaur book with oodles of text (which I very aptly paraphrased) and a field guide type of book about reptiles and amphibians. He wanted to read every page. I tried to convince him to choose his favorites, but he said, "My mommy reads every page." So I did my best. In the middle of the text he would interrupt me and say, "Is it a mean snake?" That was his main concern. I kept trying to figure out what "mean" meant. Does it mean poisonous? Does it mean carnivorous? He just wanted to know if it was mean. I am glad I have all this extra time and energy to spend with my nieces and nephews. What blessings.

No comments: