Thursday, February 26, 2009

A mini challenge


So over at The Sunday School Rebel blog (which is one of the many places I lurk on the internet) She had up a little challenge about opening the 6th picture from the 6th folder in your pictures and telling the story of it.
This is what I found. The statues at the Hoover Dam. A couple of summers ago, we took the kids and went to Las Vegas for a week. I had never been to Las Vegas. It was not a great trip. It was super hot (duh!), and we kept thinking we could walk places since they looked so close together on the map, but we would walk and walk in the heat with weirdos flicking cards about hookers at us and like an hour later we would end up at our destination, with sore feet and grumpy constitutions. One day, we drove out to Hoover Dam and took a tour. It was pretty remarkable. The sheer size of it was just enough to take your breath away. I thought these statues were lovely. I think they were near the sign that talks about how the story (the one that says the workers who fell into the concrete as they were building the dam were buried alive) is not true. It was pretty funny because Mark told us this story in the car on our way out there, and we were all impressed by it. But, nope, just another urban legend. Anyway, here's to randomly recording a little memory.
Happy Thursday!
Love, Nancy

1 comment:

Cindy Anna said...

I'm happy to see you blogging again! :) That is an awesome picture by the way....I think I might have to check out my 6th photo thing. Happy Friday!