Sunday, June 03, 2007

Yesterday....

I spent the day with my sweet friend Danette. We had lunch together then we went to a ceramics place to paint pottery. She made a very pretty warm colored bowl with her initial in the bottom. After much consideration, I made a small canister with colorful stripes and little dots for my scrapbooking room. It was soooo nice to sit around and chat while we painted. We are trying to set up a once a month date to get together more often. I hope it works out... She is such great company!

After I got home, there was a quiet house with no one on the computer, so I went to work tidying up the computer table and my scrapbook table. I was so content by the time I finished, that I just had to scrap a little. I ended up making a cover for this little notebook I have been filling with quotes. I am loving that color green lately.....

The first quote says:

Language does have the power to change reality. Therefore, treat your words as the mighty instrument they are- to heal, to bring into being, to remove, as if by magic, the terrible violations of a childhood, to nurture, to cherish, to bless, to forgive- to create from the whole cloth of your soul, true love. Daphne Rose Kingma

Am trying to remember to say kind words to my children EVERY DAY..... To listen carefully to the words they speak..... To give them my full presence...... even when they insist they don't want it.... maybe especially then.

Wishing you a wonderful week!

Love and Hugs! Nancy

No comments: