Monday, December 11, 2006

shopping

So I have this old black plastic portfolio with lists for Christmas gifts and Christmas cards since, like 1998. I don't know why I like to keep all the old ones, but it's nice for me to remember what I gave on previous years, so I don't duplicate it. And, I use last year's card list to make this year's card list.

Some years I start buying gifts in, oh, say June. This year I had a total of ONE gift purchased by December 1st. And, money being a bit tight around here, last week I started filling out the list with homemade gifts I could make with scrapbooking supplies.... Lord knows, I have enough supplies to make 10 years worth of gifts!! Then, yesterday, I went to Target with my list to get stuff (mostly for preteen boys) who I had no ideas for, and I ended up buying for most everyone..... there will be very FEW homemade gifts this year..... It just felt easier that way... with so little creative energy flowing out of me, I didn't want to use it up on altering art supplies for a 5 year old.....

Oh, and this sweet little girly in my class told me Friday when we were writing our letters to Santa that her favorite reindeer is Comma. Hee Heee!!

No comments: