Monday, December 18, 2006

Christmas cards..... CHECK!

Well, only 7 short days until Christmas and things are getting a little wild around here. I made a 16 item "To do list" for Sunday and got about 14 of them done..... finished the Christmas cards tonight and am moving on to my 14 item list for this week..... have done nothing on it as of yet, so maybe I will add "Update blog" as #15 and then cross it off... that always makes me feel better. I intended to only check my email and then dash into the kitchen to make glue and cinnamon "gingerbread" ornaments for my class to decorate for their parents as a gift ( I am the ONLY teacher at Ferndale who has not finished the parent gifts ).... but then Pepper climbed up into my lap and is being very still and cuddly... he just grunts occasionally.... and it's just too hard to toss him on the floor. I LOVE that feeling of being needed when something small and helpless lays on you and sleeps......

Had a nice visit with my Mom's side of the family in Hayfork on Saturday. I got to bring my sisters 3 girls along with me, and they were fantastic. My favorite part of the day was listening to Maddie (who is just 4) tell Grandma stories in the car. She told Goldilocks and the 3 Bears, Little Red Riding Hood, The Gingerbread Man and one other I can't remember. I HAVE to video tape her soon! She has the sweetest little high pitched voice and remembers LOTS of "book" words and phrases... It's just the cutest thing you ever did see!!

Peace to all!

No comments: