Thursday, October 05, 2006

Memories at Random


So one of my goals this fall is to start writing down memories I have from my childhood. I would like to create a 'Random Childhood Memories' type of album and add to it whenever inspiration strikes.

So on this night, while Mark is in Kansas City, and Mason and Kyla are doing whatever it is they do in their rooms at night, and Pepper is asleep on my lap, I thought I would write down a memory for my (someday) book.

I loved to play outdoors as a little girl (as indoors there was not much room!) so a couple of different times I built a school house on top of the haystack. I took books and paper and pencils and chairs and blankets and who knows what and lugged each piece up to the top of the haystack and built a classroom. I would always play the teacher. I had great times whenever my sister would join me and be my student, but as I was very bossy, that did not happen very often. So usually it was just me on top of the haystack with a stuffed animal or kitten, playing school. I remember I always had to reprimand the boys for their messy handwriting. I don't know where this came from, but it was likely something I heard my teachers do at school. This is one of the reasons why I listen very carefully to how the students in my class talk to each other when they play teacher at school......

so far, so good!

No comments: