Sunday, September 24, 2006

A Chair



This is a picture of my Granny. I don't know when it was taken or who is in the photo with her, but it's one of my favorite pictures of her.

I have such wonderful childhood memories of Granny. She was a huge influence in my life... and remains to be even today.

Yesterday, I went to visit my Dad's cousin, Dolores, and she gave me my Granny's little wooden rocking chair. I haven't been able to take my eyes off of it since I brought it home. I feel all warm and comforted just by having it here in my house. My sweet Mark is going to clean it up and repaint it for me, then it will go in the corner of my scrapbooking room. I am thinking of rebacking one of the quilts Granny sewed to drape over the back.

Thank you, Dolores.... for the chair and the visit. Little by little I feel more re-connected to this new place I am living.

No comments: