Saturday, May 13, 2006

Love..... Long Distance


So Mark is up in Humboldt County for the weekend. He'll be spending Mother's Day with his Mom.... what a good son!

My heart has traveled the 400 miles with him. I am really missing my family.... my parents, my in-laws, my sister.... but most especially my nieces. It seems I have been doomed to watch them grow up from afar. I get to see them about 4 times per year. When I am there, we take trips to Target or the mall, hang out at their house, have family get togethers. All of these experiences add up to about 20 hours per year of hands on love. The rest has to travel long distance.... so while I'm there I take rolls and rolls of pictures. Then I come home and create scrapbook pages about these 3 terrific girls. I try to remember all the funny things they say... each of their little quirks.... In this way I feel like a more in touch Aunt...... cause I really miss them.

No comments: