Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Home is Where you hang your Heart .....

Almost nine years ago the unthinkable happened.... Mark took a job in Sonora, and I had to come to terms with moving away from my childhood home, family, and everything I had ever known. At the time, it was the most difficult dilemma I had ever faced.

But living in these beautiful mountains turned out to be such a blessing! I made more true friends than I ever had in my life. I became a teacher. I dedicated my life to Jesus Christ. I raised my children. I found myself here. I became the real me...

So tonight at around 6:00, I found out that Mark has again found a new job. But we will not be moving to Oregon or Washington as I had always feared... We are going home. Home to Humboldt County where I was born. Home to the Redwood forest where I was raised. Home to my family who I have missed so dearly......

I will always miss these beautiful mountains and the sunshine and my friends, but that is what vacations are for!!

We are going home.....

No comments: