Thursday, May 18, 2006

The job hunt begins.....

As if trying to get rid of 8 years worth of junk and sell a house and plan a vacation half way around the world and get a son ready to graduate from 8th grade and pack up an entire classroom worth of teaching supplies is not enough.....

I am also on the hunt for a new teaching position!!

Some days things are so overwhelming I can hardly function. In fact, most of the last 2 days I have spent in a vegetative state on the couch. I guess I just needed to absorb the fact that we are really moving! Now I must get to work! The only way I will manage is to make a LOT of lists and take it one day at a time. Prioritizing is key.

Today my accomplishments included taking all the student's artwork off the walls of my classroom, spending time with a good friend, making a real dinner for my family, checking my email, and finding my credential (in the process I cleaned out a large cupboard in the computer desk). Boy! Was I sweating that last one!! Not being able to locate the piece of paper that verifies you are, indeed, a real teacher, could be detrimental to the job search!

If you hear of any promising leads, let me know!!

No comments: