Sunday, November 01, 2009

Halloween


Since this was our first Halloween in Lundbar Hills, I was a little nervous about not having enough candy. I had come up here trick or treating with my sister a couple of times, and had witnessed the hordes of children roaming the streets. Then, when we moved in, the previous owner warned us that we needed $100 of candy on hand to supply aforementioned hordes. I just couldn't find it in myself to spend that much money on candy, so I was seriously worried I was going to run out before the night was up. I had 3 huge bags of Hershey candy from Costco and about 6 other bags of random stuff like suckers, gummies, Lemonheads, and some cheaper Palmer chocolates. Our first trick or treater arrived at 4:30. Our last trick or treater rang at 9:45. In between it was sometimes a steady trickle of groups, sometimes up to 10 kids at a time, sometimes the doorbell rang every 30 seconds, sometimes only a loner every 10 minutes or so. Luckily, our supply held up. I don't know if this year would qualify as a "normal" year since it was semi-rainy and lots of kids have been or are sick from the flu/colds. All in all, it was a pretty fun night.

1 comment:

Cindy Anna said...

Glad you had a good time. Next year we'll definitely have to bring Caitlin trick-or-treating up there!