Saturday, July 28, 2007

Struggle


And the day came when
the risk it took to remain
tight inside the bud
was more painful than the
risk it took to blossom.
Anais Nin
I feel the weekend stretching out before me full of promise. The week has been a struggle where nothing felt quite right. I was uneasy, restless, lethargic, tearful. Now I am starting to feel more comfortable in my skin. Maybe today I will find my creative spirit. Maybe today I will enjoy feeling my body growing stronger through exercise. Maybe today I will connect with a friend I haven't spoken to in a while. Maybe today I will feel sexy for the first time in months. Maybe today I will embrace life.
Or maybe today I will just do all the things I need to do without feeling really alive. Nah, I don't think that will happen today...
Today I have hope.

No comments: