Monday, July 30, 2007

Back to Work

Last week Mark went with me to my classroom to help rearrange the furniture. Overall, my room was functional and looked good, but there were a couple of things that I just felt needed to be changed. So, I wheedled and begged until finally I got a little muscle to help me out. We got most of the larger shelves into spots where I liked them by the time Mark was fed up, so I was happy with our effort.


Yesterday I went back alone to do a little more tweaking...... and ended up moving some very large shelves alone. It wasn't too bad... mostly I kept worrying about scraping the newly waxed floor (and there are a few scrapes which I took the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser to without much result). At one point when I was holding up one end of a 6 foot long shelf and turning it around while the other end rested safely on the carpet, my back made a weird cracking noise I have never experienced before. It didn't hurt, but just made an odd sound. I was somewhat apprehensive that I might wake up this morning and not be able to move! Obviously, that was not the case and I am as spry and healthy as ever!


With the "Back to Work" mode in full swing, last night I kicked Mason out of my scrapbook room and created 3 "Center" signs. You know, labels for different areas of the room...Block Area... Library.... Math Manipulatives...etc. They are hand cut pieces with a couple of stickers or punches used. Not a style I use in my scrapbooking, but somewhat Kindergarten friendly. In the above sample I am thinking of adding arms to the poor little red head boy and maybe have him holding a magnifying glass up to his eye. All three of the ones I made feel somewhat incomplete to me, but it just felt good to get out my scissors and gluesticks and paper scraps and make a mess!
Here's to another day of work!! Hope yours is great! Love, Nancy

No comments: