Thursday, July 26, 2007

Being Thankful

This is one of those days that start out in a regular manner and then by the end (here I am at the end at 7:15) I am ready to burst into tears, so instead of having a little pity party, I am going to make a list of things I am thankful for.

1. Mark, who promised on the second day I met him that he would be my rock, and who has never gone back on that promise
2. Kyla, who has such insight into people's hearts
3. Mason, who told me he loved me today when I dropped him off
4. My friend Barb, who is always so kind
5. Pepper, who is sitting on my lap keeping me warm
6. My Michelle who is off in New York having a great vacation (I miss you!)
7. Taking time to have dinner with my family each night
8. That I have stuck to my training regimen and my body is feeling more fit and healthy every day
9. The promise of a new group of Kinders coming to meet me in about a month
10. Having the courage to say what I think and stand up for what I believe in so much more often than I ever have before
11. The tips from "The generous wife" that are helping me get back to knowing what's really important
12. Time for thanksgiving and prayer
13. Kyla finally letting me read a "Harry Potter" book to her
14. All of my friends, who are honest and genuine and caring and supportive ...If you are reading this, I could use a call! :)
15. The hope of a sunny day... because even if I haven't seen one in a while, I still remember how it feels to sit and listen to the chirping swallows and feel the warmth spread over my skin.

No comments: