Sunday, March 11, 2007

October 21

I checked it out online, and the race (not that I will be racing, of course!) is on October 21. I ran yesterday.... and again today. As of now I am only able to run for about a mile out of 4, but it's only the first week of my training, so I am OK with that. I know I am pretty out of shape aerobically as I only workout regularly on the weekends and 2 days out of 7 is not enough to keep your heart in shape. But this goal feels so good to me.... and tomorrow is my rest day!! Yay!

The real test will be on Tuesday when I have taught all day and need to come home and run. I will be stopping off to buy new shoes that day as my current running shoes are 10 years old! Of course, they haven't been used for much running in the last 10 years, but I definitely need new ones... and some of those nifty socks that keep your feet from getting chafed. Hopefully the new socks and shoes will inspire me! LOL!

No comments: