Saturday, March 10, 2007

A goal....

So this morning as I was bopping around doing a lot of nothing.... looking at magazines, sponge painting flowers in every color of the rainbow just because I felt like it, walking on the treadmill, watching TV.......

This thought hit me.... and I do mean "hit" literally, because it came with a force few thoughts ever have..... I am going to run a half marathon. In September.

So I went to Google and printed up a little training schedule.

This decision has made me feel full of purpose, and as FULLNESS is my word for the year, I am feeling happy.... very happy.

I spend so much time berating the state of my almost 40 year old body.... It's time for this to end. If I don't like it, I will change it.

Now, off to do a little running (but mostly walking since I am so out of shape! LOL!).

No comments: