Saturday, August 12, 2006

Settled in.....

We are here in our new home in Eureka, settling into a routine and getting used to the climate. The move went pretty smoothly.... the biggest problem we've encountered is getting the internet service set up..... but here I am connected and happy at last after 12 days without the net or email. Still having a little trouble with the email as it says my password is invalid, but soon I will call back the customer service line (who I am infinitely familiar with after about 12 calls in the last 12 days) and bother someone into fixing it for me.......

The house is lovely and airy and so bright that I cannot sleep past 7 am as the sun (or fog) shines through the 7 foot tall sliding glass door in my bedroom and wakes me up! This morning as I lay there trying (unsuccessfully) to go back to sleep I realized what a gorgeous view I have.... beautiful forest land right outside my window.... with mountains in the background and just a touch of vapor rising up from it all in the morning light. Of course, now that the internet is back I will be avidly surfing for window coverings because I love sleeping in more than the view.... Hee hee!

Lots to do today, as it is my niece Livi's birthday party and I still have a gift to buy. Also, Kyla has been invited to a birthday party this evening... she's already made some new friends... amazing girl that she is!! So, I have to work out, then it's off to the mall!!

New email address is bergenske@suddenlink.net

Hope to hear from you soon!

No comments: