Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Overwhelmed

Just a little update to let everyone know how things are going around here.... We are going to be leaving Tuolumne County in only 5 more days. I am not overwhelmed with things to do as Mark's wonderful new company is paying someone to move us completely, but I am overwhelmed with emotions.

Moving here was such a huge change for me. I felt like my life was turned upside down, and I really wasn't sure I would survive. I could not imagine what my life would be so far away from "home" or if I would ever make any new friends or if I would get a job or if I would survive the snow in winter or heat in summer. It was all so foreign and frightening. I spent a lot of time crying... It was my biggest life challenge up to that point.

Of course, I did learn to live far away from all that was familiar. I actually did more than just survive... I thrived. I made many wonderful friends, I accomplished my dream of being a teacher, I crashed only once in the snow, and I learned to wear tank tops and shorts and stay in the shade in summer. And with time it got even better.... this new place became our home. It's actually the only home my children can remember.

Again, I am overwhelmed with the changes I am facing in the next few days and weeks.... for myself and for Mark and the kids. If you are out there, and if you are listening, we could really use your prayers.

Love ya! N

1 comment:

Those Few Extra Pounds said...

Oh Nancy!
Big changes for all of us! I'd be willing to bet I'll have something to help take your mind off things in a few months!
As far as the kiddies... they are so wonderful and loving and full of adventure! They may not like things at first- just as you didn't when you moved- but they, too, will thrive, just as you did!
Your friends will remain your friends no matter where you are, and don't forget about your friends in Humboldt; we love you, too!
Annnd, you're being welcomed into a wonderful new school that I'll bet you'll be loving before you know it. Think of all the teachers in the world who would give all their limbs to work in a small school in the perfect setting of Ferndale!
Hang in there, and know we're all here thinkink of and rooting for you and yours!!
Love, big fat mama and shaky daddy.