Thursday, August 24, 2006

Today's musings...


So today was the day I had meetings with all of the teachers from Ferndale Elementary and High School.... and let me just say how lucky I am to be a part of such a wonderful community. The entire staff there has been sooooooo supportive and kind and helpful to me. I have always loved teaching, and I have always felt that the schools I taught at were well run and full of wonderful people, but this sweet little community near the ocean really takes it to the next level.

How blessed I am!! (Of course I still miss my old comrades!!)

On another note, Kyla had her Back to School Night at her middle school and spent the evening either pouting or crying about how she wants to move back to Sonora. She misses her friend Kaylie and is sure she will not be able to make
any new friends. (She actually has several friends at the new school already, but they are in the grade ahead of her.)

Of course, right now she is spending the night at her cousin's house, and is happy as a clam!

Don't know why I posted this layout I made for a contest on scrapbook.com several months ago. I guess I'm just missing my scrapping lately since all my creative energy has been going into setting up my classroom. I am glad school is starting Monday, because if it didn't I'd just keep on decorating and spending all my time there obsessing over making it perfect!! Luckily when the children arrive there's no more time for any of that!

No comments: