Wednesday, December 09, 2009

Wow!


I had no idea it had been so long since I blogged! What a slacker! Not much is going on around here.... the boy is sick and coughing constantly. I think he is the loudest cougher in the whole wide world. Today in the car I counted the seconds between his coughs and the longest span was 65 seconds while the shortest span was 7 seconds. He was averaging 2-5 coughs per minute. And, since he was listening to his i pod, his coughs were even louder than usual. It was not a fun ride home... maybe I need to get him a new pack of cough drops. The girl is in love and has a nice hickey on her neck to prove it. She has finally earned her way back into the real world after being grounded for almost 4 months. So she's been at the boyfriend's house twice this week after school. She even ate dinner over there tonight. She's been in a better mood, though. Tonight she came in and said, "Hi Daddy" to Mark. The use of "Daddy" is usually only heard while she is asking for something she knows she is unlikely to get. I almost fell off my chair.
The Christmas card picture is done and has been sitting at Costco for a couple of days. Three Christmas trees are up and decorated. The big one is sitting without it's lights or adornaments in the dining room waiting patiently to be finished. My scrapbooking desk is a heap of messy ness, so nothing's going on over there. I also have stuff for the classroom memory books spread out all over the floor in the bedroom upstairs. I have to finish at least one of them before Christmas break, because one of my sweet students is moving away and I need to give it to her before she goes. It would be nice if I could have the others done as well.

Off to watch that crazy show "Modern Family"
Happy Wednesday!

1 comment:

Cindy Anna said...

I think it's so funny you were counting the seconds between coughs! An interesting way to pass the time during your commute...totally up my ally!