Saturday, December 26, 2009

After

After all the anticipation of Christmas, it is nice to revel in the total relaxation that comes with having everything complete. I slept especially well last night, but woke up to some very bad news from the bathroom scale. So now my stress level is climbing again at the thought of all the steps that will need to be taken to reverse the effects of Cinnamon rolls for breakfast on Christmas morning and pie and merry berry bars and the delicious homemade caramel given to me as a gift from one of my sweet students. Overall, I thought I had a good week with over an hour of exercise every day... the elliptical and weight lifting and walking the dog. But all of my efforts have been in vain and the real work is ahead. You see, I went off of a prescription that helps keep your weight down but has other side effects I could not live with. And, I am at that magical age where (as all my older friends keep informing me) my body and metabolism are just changing. I can wish for liposuction and tummy tucks all the live long day, but I know that's not going to happen. So, I need to make a change in my eating and moving habits. It needs to be a permanent change. And, I need to take it one day at a time or I will get overwhelmed. So here I am on day one... Only 1/2 a bagel for breakfast along with a glass of milk and an orange. And now, I am off to work out. Maybe that crazy Billy Blanks will do the trick for today.

Happy Christmas to you!

No comments: