Friday, April 24, 2009

I'm duck free!!

I have to tell you, hatching ducklings is such a conundrum for me. I love, love, love their cuteness, and fluffy feathers, and how they splash like crazy in their water bowl, and the way the water just runs off their backs as they paddle around their paddling pool. And I love the sound of their cheeping and splashing while I am reading a story to my class. BUT, I also get a little creeped out by how they stare at me with just one eye, and it makes me sad that they lurch away from my hands whenever I reach into their box. AND I despise the smell of them! Tonight I am washing my last (thank God) load of poopy duck towels. I have washed my hands 4 times since I put them in the wash, but I can't get the smell off. Well, only 11 months before it will be time to hatch a new set. I hope these 5 fare better than last years bunch!

Happy Friday!
Love, Nancy

1 comment:

Cindy Anna said...

I too will miss those duckies. Maybe next year the chic ftr.....sorry Dennis thought it would be funny if Caitlin typed for me. Anyway, I'm already looking forward to next year's hatchlings!