Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Wake up call

So this morning I stumble out of bed at 8:33 thinking I'm up pretty early for me.... lately I've been sleeping in until about 9.... but I could sleep no longer because I could hear M pacing around in the kitchen. So, anyway, out I wander, shooting M a grumpy look as I pass, headed for my computer and some early morning email. When M says, "Don't I have an orthodontist appointment today?" CRAP! His appointment is for 8:30!! At this point, we are already 6 minutes late, so being the responsible mother I am, I yell at M for not checking the calendar and run around for another 2 minutes looking for a phone (why, oh why are the handsets never in the chargers?) and the ortho's number before I decide to just jump in the car in my jammies (no makeup, teeth unbrushed) and hope they'll take him even though he's late.

We arrived at the office a mere 20 minutes late and I send M in to face the receptionist... Let's face it, I am a coward, and I am in my jammies (no makeup, teeth unbrushed)!! A few minutes later he comes out to the car and says they'll work him in. "Did you ask how long the appointment will last?" I ask. "No, I forgot," he says. So here I am stuck in the car in my jammies (no makeup, teeth unbrushed)!! with no way of knowing how long the wait will be. Thank God for the cell phone (and for forgetting to plug it into the charger last night, or it would certainly still be there and not in my purse!). So I call the receptionist and apologize and find out he'll be there for about an hour. Hooray! I get to go home and shower and put on regular clothes and makeup and brush my teeth!

I love summer, I really do, but sometimes I ASTONISH myself with how easy it is to turn into a total sloth..... It's a good thing I am not independently wealthy, because I am sure I would turn into a complete couch potato!

Wishing you a wonderful Wednesday!

Love, Nancy

No comments: