Monday, August 20, 2007

Day One in Vegas....

After a fun stop in Tuolumne County to visit friends, we were off on our road trip to Las Vegas. We arrived pretty late on Monday night and settled into our condo. It was roomy and well equipped.

On Tuesday morning we puttered around in our car trying to find a place for breakfast. I was, of course, short tempered and irritable due to lack of food.... one of my defining characteristics, unfortunately! But we finally stopped at a place called "The Bootlegger". It was all done in red velvet and old mahogany looking wood with a piano and old photographs of the family who owned it. Kyla, for some odd reason, thought they were vampires. After breakfast, we were off to shop for groceries.

Once that was all taken care of, we headed off to Hoover Dam. We stopped at a "vista point" overlooking Lake Mead where I took this photo of Kyla. When we came around the corner that overlooks the dam, I was amazed. It was so incredibly huge. We did the tour thing and laughed at our "dam guide" and his "dam jokes" We didn't really get many good pictures, but I like this one of the statues.

If you are at all interested in construction or history or engineering, I would highly recommend a visit. It still amazes me that it was built in the 1930's. Wow!

I'll be back later with more....

Toodles! Nancy

No comments: