Friday, August 03, 2007

Friendship

So, I went over to one of my favorite quote sites this morning to look for a quote about friendship. Last night I had dinner with sweet Danette, and it just felt so wonderful to have my heart held lovingly by a friend, so in honor of that wonderful treat there is this often used but very appropriate quote....

A friend is a gift you give yourself. -Emerson

During my search I came across this quote....

When you plant lettuce, if it does not grow well, you don't blame the lettuce. You look for reasons it is not doing well. It may need fertilizer, or more water, or less sun. You never blame the lettuce.Yet if we have problems with our friends or family, we blame the other person. But if we know how to take care of them, they will grow well, like the lettuce. Blaming has no positive effect at all, nor does trying to persuade using reason and argument.That is my experience.No blame, no reasoning, no argument, just understanding.If you understand, and you show that you understand, you can love, and the situation will change.
Thich Nhat Hanh

So appropriate for all of the turmoil in my life the past few weeks. I am struggling with being understanding and loving.... my mind whirls around in endless circles... reasoning, arguing, blaming and persuading. I am trying to let go... to understand.

To LOVE.

No comments: