Saturday, February 26, 2011

February Happenings

This post will take the form of a list because I am in a "list" mood.

1. My Volvo has been in the shop since Christmas break. Yep, about 2 months. It needed a new wheel bearing (which was easily accomplished). And, even though it was running fine in my opinion, it needed a new fuel pump. (And there's where we had our hang up) Apparently, the fuel pump I needed is exceedingly rare. So we tried buying fuel pumps off the internet and from local auto parts stores and through our mechanic, but lo and behold 7 (wrong) fuel pumps later and my car is still in the shop. Actually, Wednesday, Mark and I drove to the Volvo dealer in Santa Rosa and bought the correct fuel pump ( I guess 8 is the magic number!) and now we are just waiting for it to be installed. I am comfortably settled in Mark's Audi, so I have been barely inconvenienced by being without my Volvo for 2 months, but Mark is using an old Ford from his work, and I think he wants his car back at some point. I will keep you updated about when this actually happens.

2. The boy's BMW died last month also. The transmission went out. And it was going to cost him more to replace it than he paid for the car, so he sold it to the mechanic. He is now saving his money for a Mitsubishi Eclipse.

3. The girl got her driver's permit yesterday. She was pretty nervous in the DMV waiting room. And since we got there late and had no appointment we waited for about a half hour. Her body was actually shaking.... like, vibrating... from her nerves. I went along for moral support, but she did all the talking and even filled out her own paperwork. She missed only 6 questions. I was impressed. So now the fun of teacher her how to drive begins. Luckily it's Mark's turn. I taught the boy.

4. I took ZERO pictures in the month of February. Yep, that's right, none, nada, zip. I am planning on taking my camera to school Monday to take pictures for the February memory book. I think I will do group shots. One of the 4th graders and one of the 5th. I have no idea what the page theme will be about. Maybe something about friendship. Hmmmmm.... I'll have to think on that.

5. I am currently reading The Remains of the Day. It is really interesting although slow in some parts. Working hard to get through it this week. My goal for the year is 52 books. That's one per week. Right now I have completed 7, so I am a little behind. I thought I'd get more reading accomplished this week, but it's just not happening. Oh, well, there's always summer.

6. My work out schedule has really stalled out this year. I don't have much enthusiasm for doing it, and after I work out I don't feel like I've accomplished anything. I think it's a Boot Camp hangover. Trying to decide if I should rejoin Boot Camp in March. What do you think?

7. The weather has been crazy. When I put Pepper out this morning there were little piles of icy snow around the trees. BRRRRR! Now it is sunny but windy. Trying to work myself up for a walk. The dog could sure use it. Poor, fat baby!! He seems pretty cozy curled up on my lap right now, though. Maybe we'll skip the walk. :-)

No comments: